Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North Carolina shut down

Go down 
+2
Admin
Triangle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

North Carolina shut down Empty
PostSubject: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:07 pm

North Carolina shut down Jan20_09

The airport is still open, but a lot of the roads are not fit to drive.... cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Oh come on, that's just a little snow. Laughing

Around here, the snow would be up to the horse's butt. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by crusinmama06 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 pm

shut up! we do not even have that here in nj
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Ric, time to put the horses in the barn!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm

michele i did not mean for you to shut up. your comment came at the same time as mine
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:58 pm

You know...many people hate winter...but not me.
I think your picture conveys the true beauty of the season. (the cold is a little depressiing, however!)
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Ric,
I live in off of Leesville Road in I guess N. Raleigh. Where are you? I personally love the snow. As long as it doesn't turn to the awful ice and knock down all the power lines we can handle it. I was hoping my hubby could get home earlier enough to get some good pictures but he is still at work. He works just the other side of the airport in Morrisville s is going to use the cut through at the airport instead of 540 to get home! He thinks it will be better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:14 pm

It is very beautiful out. The snow is still falling (maybe 6" now) and for a place that gets an average of an 1" every other year it is a treat for me. The down side is the area is not equipped to handle this amount of snow.

Tina, the horses are in their stalls, but we may go riding later on.

Greta, we are in Clayton.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 pm

I figured it was either there or more more towards Durham on my side just based on the horses. I agree it is so beautiful. I can imagine how much fun it would be to be on horseback in this snow. I grew up in OH and really miss the snows.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Hopefully the I-95 corridor isn't too bad. My in-laws are driving home to Charleston, SC today from Maryland.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Heard it was a mess. Sorry. go to wral.com and click on traffic. may get some information that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:28 pm

North Carolina shut down Upnorth-snow2

This is our camp in the Adirondacks, digging to the front door to get in.. Very Happy :coldout:
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Hehehe...we use a different kind of shovel up here.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Heheheh,

That is funny! I never noticed that sitting there.We use those things called snow shovels too! That one was just unburied as we were digging our way to the door. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got the "white stuff" too. Not as much as Raleigh probably but it is still slowly coming down.

At work today we kept going to look out the front door as it started to fall. Boy oh boy you can sure pick out the "southerners" lol! We start getting excited over a few flakes. (snow that is).

Even the dogs liked it...took some video of them running in the backyard.

Kim and Mike
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:25 pm

North Carolina shut down Snow003

My toes were cold but we had a great ride.
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 pm

P.S. I was going to have Jim standing in the ditch so it would like
the snow was up to his butt, but my camera battery went dead.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:19 am

thevacationstop wrote:
Hopefully the I-95 corridor isn't too bad. My in-laws are driving home to Charleston, SC today from Maryland.

My in-laws made it home safely, though the trip took much longer than usual due to the snow.

We've had nothing here in Maryland this winter so far. I hope it stays that way.....
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 am

Glad to hear they made it home okay. I used to live in Fredericksburg, VA and my parents lived south of Wilmington, NC and had to drive 95 many times. I've been on it in a snow storm and it is not fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:33 am

Glad to hear everyone is traveling safely with all the weather predicaments out there. Triangle, Love those pictures.They are beautiful. We go riding sometimes at camp, I love it.

~Jackie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Triangle wrote:
P.S. I was going to have Jim standing in the ditch so it would like
the snow was up to his butt, but my camera battery went dead.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gorgeous pictures though. Very Happy

I'm with Jackie....this is my deck. We have to shovel it just to let the dogs out.

North Carolina shut down DSC02187

Last edited by crusinmama06 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Did the Charlotte area get hit?? I have a friend who usually posts daily and I havent heard from her.....

BTW Jackie.......where in the Adirondacks do you live??? (I used to vacation at Loon Lake,then later Lake George).....love the mountains and miss them..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Kathy,

I actually live on Canandaigua Lake, about 40 miles south of Rochester. Our camp is on the Tug Hill Plateau,outisde of Constableville. About 45 minutes west of Old Forge. I love it up there. We try to go every other week-end. Loon Lake is actually south of Canandaigua. We go by there all the time as it is down where we take the Harleys to be serviced, in Arkport. It's really a beautiful ride down that way.

Michele,

That looks like my back deck! We have to keep a path clear back there in case the grandpuppies come over. BTW, how far are you from Lykens? We have good friends down there that we ride the bikes down to see.We love riding in PA, there are some really beautiful roads through all the parks. I think one of my favorites was riding on route 44, up from Lewisburg, how pretty that was!

~Jackie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:37 pm

cruzinmama wrote:

Michele,

That looks like my back deck! We have to keep a path clear back there in case the grandpuppies come over. BTW, how far are you from Lykens? We have good friends down there that we ride the bikes down to see.We love riding in PA, there are some really beautiful roads through all the parks. I think one of my favorites was riding on route 44, up from Lewisburg, how pretty that was!

~Jackie

We're about 2 hours from there. We are farther West. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Pretty country.... This is a pic after reaching the top of a mountain on a misty morning on route 44...

North Carolina shut down 100_0824jaxjeanbillpa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina shut down   North Carolina shut down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Carolina shut down
Page 1 of 1