Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NCL Majesty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gcookienana
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-22

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:44 pm

I heard the Majesty will be leaving the Charleston SC port, has anyone else heard that. Also, if it is leaving does anyone know what ship it is being replaced with?
Back to top Go down

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:57 pm

that has to be the worst ship i have ever sailed on. i wouldn't go back on ncl because of that ship
Back to top Go down
gcookienana
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:28 pm

What were the problems with the Majesty, if you don't mind me asking ??
Back to top Go down

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:34 pm

i don't know where to start. the rooms are about the size of a shoe box. the bed was a murphy bed. you could not walk around the bed. the closet was so small and that's where the small dresser and safe was too. the bathroom was fine although if you look on the ncl website it says all the bathrooms are separate rooms from the shower. not true on the majesty. it says all the beds are upgraded. not true on the majesty. cabin steward was terrible. in fact i tipped one person and never saw that person again. buffet was so so. the french specialty restaurant was very good. the other 2 dining rooms food was okay. i think because they all share their tips and you don't have the same waiter/waitress every time they don't really go out of their way to serve you. hot tubs were filthy. ship is old. i had an interior, my friends had oceanview, and another friend had balcony and they all said room was same size and bed was terrible. if you ask me i wouldn't go on ncl again based on the experience of the majesty. just my opinion. others may have had a better experience.
Back to top Go down

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:36 pm

friends of mine did the hawaiian one and i'm sorry i can't remember if it was pride of aloha or something like that. they said it was very nice. so when i said i was going on the majesty they were like ok we'll go. they said the majesty was like nothing they'd ever experienced and they have been on maybe 25 cruises.
Back to top Go down
gcookienana
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Thanks for the info. When we went on our last cruise with NCL the Spirit after Thanksgiving, I heard they were going to remove the Majesty from Charleston port. Just hope they are going to replace it with a better ship that will go to Bermuda.
Back to top Go down

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 pm

when i was on it in september 08 there was rumor that it was sold and leaving their service in october but i see from your post it's still in service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NCL Majesty Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCL Majesty   NCL Majesty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NCL Majesty
Page 1 of 1