Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Howdy :-)

Go down 
+7
Murphy
Admin
NDJollyMon
JJ2sail
Greta
Cruising Rays
crazy4disney
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Gina, I really don't miss the soda when I go between cruise lines.

On RCCL, you can still get other drinks for free. So it's not "Get a soda card or you are destined to dehydrate" Wink The drinks that are free are white and chocolate milk, ice tea, some juices in the Windjammer (apple, fruit punch, etc), coffee (as long as it's not a specialty coffee).

So I have never bought a soda card for me or the kids. I drink iced tea. My kids drink milk or juice. Now, my hubby is another story. If he could have an IV drip of Mt Dew he would. Laughing But there is no Mt. Dew onboard so he gets a soda card and fills up on cokes.

So it would be an extra $42 per adult on a 7 day cruise if you REALLY want soda. If not, just buy cans as you go. And drink the free beverages as much as possible.

As far as the service, I think you will be blown away by RCCL. They are really great in that department.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Greta wrote:
Michele,
Loved your list. I asked my question so I would get an idea of what kind of questions Gina would not have thought to ask. As a travel agent I like to be able to anticipate as many questions as possible and thought that Gina (and anyone else!) might help me that way. So many times it is easy to overlook something obvious because it might not seem that important to us where it is to our clients.

And Greta, when I said "What differences?" that wasn't in reference to you. Wink I know YOU know what differences. I was asking Gina.

I didn't want you to take that the wrong way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Michele,
Not offened at all. I hope you weren't offened either! I just wanted to clarify my question. These boards are great but since we can't see our facial expressions (sometimes that could be a go thing!) or hear the inflection of our voices in our comments I feel sometimes things are taken the wrong way. I taught for 22 years so I have a pretty thick skin!! It really takes a lot to offend me and I didn't even think of your comment as even remotely offensive. I really enjoyed your comment about the Disney pools being "floating lobster tanks"!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
crazy4disney
crazy4disney

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey, as long as they have enough coconut rum aboard the ship, I'll be fine. ;-) I'm also bringing my beloved Dr. Pepper onboard, that's for sure! How can a ship sail out of Texas, and not have fountain Dr. Pepper??? :-)

I do have one quick question about Voyager that hopefully one of you can answer... Both being single parents, my friend and I are looking for some primo relaxation time while the boys are off having fun. Are there any parts of the spa, like saunas and whatnot, that you can use for free or a small fee? (I'm thinking of someplace like the Rainforest Room for those of you who have been on DCL.)

Thanks!

-gina-
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Picture237

crazy4disney wrote:
I do have one quick question about Voyager that hopefully one of you can answer... Both being single parents, my friend and I are looking for some primo relaxation time while the boys are off having fun. Are there any parts of the spa, like saunas and whatnot, that you can use for free or a small fee? (I'm thinking of someplace like the Rainforest Room for those of you who have been on DCL.)

I think there was a wet and dry sauna that can be used. There is also a area on the main pool deck for adults that the lounge chairs are padded, and is quieter where folks sit and read. The hot tubs in the adult area are huge and to me nicer than the regular pool area if you dont mind being away from all the action.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Picture233

All my pictures ran together, so two separate posts, this one is from the spa, its very pretty to me. Ill go in and take some pictures in april of the rest of the spa, the areas you are interested in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:07 pm

on any ship, if you're an early riser, the track up top or the gym is so nice to watch the sun rise from while you're working out or walking.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Greta wrote:
Kim and Mike,
Where in NC do you live? I'm in Raleigh.

Greta..

We are in Jacksonville, NC home of Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base. We love it here on the coast. We are just about 2 hours away from you.

Kim and Mike
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Cruising Rays wrote:

Greta..

We are in Jacksonville, NC home of Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base. We love it here on the coast. We are just about 2 hours away from you.

Kim and Mike

Yes, I know the area. Haven't been that way in quite awhile. My parents used to live south of Wilmington so we used to do a few road trips up to New Bern. I guess we will be on several cruises together next year. (October and December)

I am the TA for the cruise out of Charleston next March. Ron and I are pulling things together on it.

If you ever come this way let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
idoiqs
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi Gina!

Welcome to Cruise Freeks! I'm relatively new here also, but have really learned alot from all of these experienced cruisers. HAVE FUN!
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:36 am

Greta wrote:
Cruising Rays wrote:

Greta..

Kim and Mike

Yes, I know the area. Haven't been that way in quite awhile. My parents used to live south of Wilmington so we used to do a few road trips up to New Bern. I guess we will be on several cruises together next year. (October and December)

I am the TA for the cruise out of Charleston next March. Ron and I are pulling things together on it.

If you ever come this way let me know!

Greta...

We certainly will look you up whenever we take a road trip to Raleigh.

Kim and Mike Smile
Back to top Go down
crazy4disney
crazy4disney

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks for the pictures, flowers! The Solarium area looks so nice and peaceful... I love it already. :-)

Now for the next question... ;-) I read something about stuff already being in the mini-fridge, like an honor bar. What if you don't want that stuff, will they take it out for you? I need room for my Dr. Pepper! :-)

-gina-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:34 pm

crazy4disney wrote:
Thanks for the pictures, flowers! The Solarium area looks so nice and peaceful... I love it already. :-)

Now for the next question... ;-) I read something about stuff already being in the mini-fridge, like an honor bar. What if you don't want that stuff, will they take it out for you? I need room for my Dr. Pepper! :-)

-gina-

I ask the room steward to remove the items from the fridge for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy :-)   Howdy  :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy :-)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2