Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina

Go down 
+4
Josh
NDJollyMon
Greta
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Ron you going on this one? If yes, I'll book too - provided Leanna can get the time off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Ron you going on this one? If yes, I'll book too - provided Leanna can get the time off.

Nick,

Not sure if I will be able to go on this one or not. Either way you should book it!!! I will be here for the pre-cruise events so you wont want to miss it. Go ahead and book it!!! I did update the site some today. We are still working on the pre-cruise hotel but I think I have dinner set. I hope to know for sure by the end of the week. I did post some pics on the cruise web-site.

http://charlestoncruise.makeswebsites.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Tell you what, even if we don't book, we'll come down for the pre-cruise, would that be cool? But, I'll check with Leanna, all depends on the school schedule, if we can take it, we will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:11 pm

That would work you guys can stay with us if you like. We have plenty of room around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Sounds good, better than the couch offer Marilyn just gave us over on the EOS thread Wink
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:59 am

Ron,
I think Bowen's Island would be a great place for pre-cruise dinner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:23 am

Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Bowens
Bowen's Island Restaurant
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Triangle wrote:
Ron,
I think Bowen's Island would be a great place for pre-cruise dinner.

Thanks Ric but I think we already have a place lined up!!
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:52 am

Just to remind everybody that you can now book this cruise. I am really looking forward to having Celebrity in the Charleston port. Ron and I have been planning a great pre-cruise for this sailing and know you will enjoy Charleston. Also remember that this is a Bennet-fit Cruise. We will be sending a donation in Nina's family name to the hospital where Bennet was a patient.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 am

We sailed on the Mercury on our honeymoon 10 years ago and it is the ship that got us hooked on cruising. It is such an elegant ship and the food was the best.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 pm

I wish this cruise was in April and then the timing would be perfect. I like to space out my cruises about 2 months apart. I will be on the Celebrity Soltice until Feb 21st, so not even a month between cruises. Thats my only issue with this cruise. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. Im thinking about it anyway.

Which airport are folks flying into?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:42 pm

It really does look like a great cruise. I've not been to that area...nor some of the ports. Heck, I haven't even cruised Celebrity yet! I'm getting more interested by the day.

Ron...is this one called.....THE BOO CREW? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:22 pm

Livabeth wrote:
We sailed on the Mercury on our honeymoon 10 years ago and it is the ship that got us hooked on cruising. It is such an elegant ship and the food was the best.

Well don't you think it's time to visit her again??? Wink
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:50 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
It really does look like a great cruise. I've not been to that area...nor some of the ports. Heck, I haven't even cruised Celebrity yet! I'm getting more interested by the day.

Ron...is this one called.....THE BOO CREW? Very Happy
Could be THE REBEL YELL or, as it's Charleston, THE STONE FLEET SAILORS. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Ron...it does seem like a great cruise...I need to wait for the school breaks. I have been drying to try celebrity. Any idea how their kids program is? I hope it's during our spring break since I could talk a few more families into it.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 am

mnmomof4 wrote:
Ron...it does seem like a great cruise...I need to wait for the school breaks. I have been drying to try celebrity. Any idea how their kids program is? I hope it's during our spring break since I could talk a few more families into it.

I think Ron is busy working on other stuff. I havent gotten a reply yet for what airport people would be flying into I asked above (and how far is the airport from the port and transportation ideas from the airport). I probably can't consider driving and then doing a 10 day cruise. Id be gone from home too long. I'm still debating too.

I have heard the children's program is smaller on Celebrity, fewer children. Here are some excerpts until Ron has time to reply.
--------
They had nice facilities for the children, and the staff was great about getting them involved. Somedays on the ship we barely saw them.

I remember some activities they liked-a scavenger hunt around the ship, lots of silly games, arts and crafts, movies, slumber parties a few nights (not all night), and a cute talent show that they rehearsed and put on for the parents

teen myself and went on the same ship and route last year (july 08) and i can assure you it won't be boring!
i had the same perception before the cruise but once you get on..there will be other teens (i assume if he/she is a teen but they let young adults into the teen center too)
when i went, there was about 10 teens in my age group (15-17) and we mingled quite well aside from the seasickness that hit most of the people one day
activities probably start at around 11 and end at midnight or so and are mostly organized by counsellors
so i hope this helps!Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Smile
btw...there is guitar hero, rock band and singstar on there too..and survivor night (don't miss out on that one!)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:56 am

mnmomof4 wrote:

Penny, I don't have any children but, from what I understand Celebrity has a very good kid's program:

Programs are available year round From 9 a.m. each morning, or half an hour before arriving in each port.
Our five-tiered program includes:

Toddler Time (under 3 years old)
Ship MatesSM (ages 3-5)
Celebrity CadetsSM (ages 6-
EnsignsSM (ages 9-11)
Admiral TeensSM (ages 12-17)

*Program age groups may vary slightly in low season based on the number of children on board
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Penny,
I've been on Celebrity numerous times and traveled with family that had their kids in the programs. The kids' programs have improved dramatically in the past several years. In the 90's they didn't really cater to the kids, and were more of a babysitting club. On our most recent cruise on the Solstice in November 2008, the kids 8 years and up never wanted to be picked up by their parents . They had a costume night, a scavenger hunt, guitar hero, and computer lab. The older kids had a disco party. I still think RCL programs have more variety, but I was really impressed by the strides Celebrity has made. I think your kids would have fun. The Mercury is one of the older Celebrity ships, but it has been rehabbed, and the staff is wonderful. Some of my nephews and godchildren who have been crusiing with us since they were 2, when asked which cruise line they liked the best for ports, activities, etc, surprised me when they picked Celebrity over RCL, Carnival, NCL and others. I'm sure your kids would have a fine time with Celebrity.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

There is an airport in Charleston. Ron and I are putting together a precruise package. There are a lot of details to work out but I am hoping to get down there soon to see what we can do as far as trasportation and such. If you have never been to Charleston before it is a city not to be missed. So much history and interesting things to see and do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks, I see what airlines go between DFW and Charleston. It doesnt look like SW flies there. Ill try one of the consolidator sites and see what comes up.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Sounds like a wonderful cruise. I have never sailed on the Mercury but I was on her sister ship, Galaxy, and loved it. I have been dying to get back on Celebrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:22 pm

If all goes well I will rent a van and provide transportation for the group. That will cut the hassle of contracting a limo company. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Thanks everyone...I was hoping to see if anyone has 1st hand experience. Unfortunately the dates dont work for my older boys but I might take the younger kids...who will be 2 and 4 then...I'm still trying to figure out which cruise to go on...never done celebrity and would love to try them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:32 pm

The person to ask for the kids programs is Michele. She has the scoop on just about every cruise line. As far as transportation to and from the Airport that may be me. If we get a large enough group I will play tour guide, host, and limo driver. I mean who better to show you around than a local. Once we get some bookings I will also see about some organized tours. Some of the options are ghost tours, harbor tours, and plantation tours. We will vote on this a little bit later. I know from talking to a few of you that you are into ghost. Well good...because the hotel the group will be staying at is said to be haunted. affraid Can't wait for you guys and gals to come see me!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:34 pm

flowers wrote:
I wish this cruise was in April and then the timing would be perfect. I like to space out my cruises about 2 months apart. I will be on the Celebrity Soltice until Feb 21st, so not even a month between cruises. Thats my only issue with this cruise. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. Im thinking about it anyway.

Which airport are folks flying into?

Hiya Flowers. Charleston does have an airport. It's not too big but we get some pretty good size planes in and out of here. Their is a larger airport in Charlotte however it's over 3 hours away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina   Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Cruises 10 Night - Charleston, South Carolina
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next