Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Beach in St. Thomas?

Go down 
+4
taurus988
flowers
ATV_Road_Rash
NDJollyMon
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Wow, great pictures everybody! Now I am totally confused, they all look so nice. I had read that some thought there weren't alot of fish atCoki, must have been all sleeping that day... That sounds like fun.
Bette, When we were in St Maarten, we went to Maho beach. WE had alot of fun there. The planes coming in overhead are so close. Funny watching the beer muscles all stand out there when a plane takes off, then they all get blown into the water.We had Joyce Prince take us around, I think she charged $35 pp. Wonderful lady.She dropped us off at the Beach after the tour.
Back to top Go down
ATV_Road_Rash
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
ATV_Road_Rash

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:22 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i think it was $5 per person to enter megans bay

We were just to Megans Bay last month and it was $4 per person, plus transportation of course, but it was very nice. It was not crowded when we got there but by the time we left it was filling up.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Coki is probably much better for snorkeling than Sapphire. There's not much in the way of coral at Sapphire...but there is some. There were fish, and I followed a large stingray around the beach area for awhile. Swells aren't bad at all.

As far as St. Martin/ St. Maarten goes...
I love ORIENT BEACH! Very large, nice sand beach on the French side. (St. Martin)
I'm sure you've heard there is a naked section...but you don't have to go there. The other half is tops optional...but there didn't seem to be too much of it when I was there. (and I was lookin'!) Laughing The farther you go to the left on the beach (facing the water) the more clothes you find. It is a very nice, scenic and popular beach...and it offers EVERYTHING!

Maho is on the Dutch side...and is a very small sliver of sand. It's draw...the runway is near it. Some people love that...but not me. (I sleep next to an Air Force runway every other day) They post the air schedule right at the beach so you know when the big planes are coming.

Here is a pic of ORIENT BEACH, ST. MARTIN:

Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 IMG_0522
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:55 am

Joyce did take us to Orient Beach, it was beautiful! And no nakie people did we see at all. In fact, when we got to Maho, to eat lunch and watch planes, I had the pleasure of pointing out to hubby the 2 nubian topless goddesses just down the beach from us. We saw more nakie at Maho than Orient. When we go back to St Maarten, I think Orient Beach is the place we want to lounge at.
So I am hearing alot of good things about Coki. So there were plenty of fish at Coki to see? My Daughter just signed up to go on our Oasis trip next April, and I want her to see some great things!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I didn't snorkel Coki...so I can't say firsthand. Only what I was told from my daughter and the pics I saw of her trip. They also went to Coral World and did some encounter there. They liked the place, but said it was crowded. There were several ships in St. T. that day....
Back to top Go down
bratni
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bratni

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:50 pm

I personally loved Coki beach. Of all the trips I have been on, St. Thomas and Coki beach were the most beautiful. We snorkeled there and there was not an abundance of fish that day but we did see a sea turtle while we were swimming. We chose this beach because it was right next to Coral World where we did the shark encounter! Shocked It was a unique experience. Really gets your heart pounding. But now I can say "I swam with sharks!" The beach had a fun guy selling drinks called "The Mailman." We did get asked a few times to buy ganja but we just kept telling them no and ignoring them and they left us alone. I have yet to go to Sapphire beach but may make a stop there in December.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 pm

see i get views on sapphire and views on koki and i'm looking at your avatar and thinking that looks awesome. i might have to go 2 more times so i can try each one.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:26 pm

bratni wrote:
I personally loved Coki beach. Of all the trips I have been on, St. Thomas and Coki beach were the most beautiful. We snorkeled there and there was not an abundance of fish that day but we did see a sea turtle while we were swimming. We chose this beach because it was right next to Coral World where we did the shark encounter! Shocked It was a unique experience. Really gets your heart pounding. But now I can say "I swam with sharks!" The beach had a fun guy selling drinks called "The Mailman." We did get asked a few times to buy ganja but we just kept telling them no and ignoring them and they left us alone. I have yet to go to Sapphire beach but may make a stop there in December.

Hi daughter...about time you come around! You must be thinking...."I need a cruise". After this extreme winter...don't we all.

Here are some aerial shots of both beachs. skypic.com has some beautiful aerial pics of the islands, and a lot more.

Sapphire Beach is on the right side of this photo, near the pond. (second beach down from corner)

Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 6-7821

Coki Beach (below) is the one in the bay. You can also see Coral World.

Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 8-7820
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Pete, those pictures are neat. On the first photo, what beach is at the very top of the right side? Also looks nice.
Bratni, what did you actually get to do with the shark encounter at Coki? And love your avatar! It kind of looks like the main pool at Atlantis.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I searched it down, it's called Lindquist Beach.
<<
Lindquist is a stretch of bright, white sand and luminous blue water secreted between the Wyndham Sugar Bay Beach Club and the Sapphire Beach Resort.

Developers have been itching to build on this prime site for years, but so far, Lindquist has been left untouched, a secluded gem loved by locals -- and tourists with good local knowledge and a decent map -- as a quiet spot for swimming and sunbathing. Reefs on both ends of the beach overflow with tropical fish, and the clear, protected waters of the bay offer excellent snorkeling. First-timers are always amazed that here, amid the hustle and bustle of St. Thomas, they've discovered a tranquil spot more reminiscent of St. John.

Stretching along the east coast of the island, Lindquist offers captivating views of St. John, the British Virgin Islands and Pillsbury Sound. The scenery, pristine sand and sparkling water have made Lindquist a favorite location for film crews searching for the perfect beach shot.

Accessible only by the unmarked road -- check with your hotel for exact directions -- or by boat, Lindquist is a great escape from the busier beaches adjacent to the large hotels on the island, yet still keeps you close to all the great shopping and night life of the big city.

Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 2_125_8866
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Wow, is that beautiful or what! Thank you so much for that Pete! I can see myself lying in that sand.....
Back to top Go down
bratni
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bratni

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 pm

When we did the shark encounter at Coral World, we went into a small tank, two at a time with the trainer. There were about 6-7 sharks in the tank. The sharks were not completely full grown, but big enough to hurt you badly. Shocked We were weighed down with weight belts to reduce excess movement while in the sharks habitat. There were quite a few nurse sharks that laid at the bottom of the tank sleeping but there were a few other sharks that were circling the tank. The trainer has a long stick and if the sharks start swimming too close, she pokes at them. She had to do that a few times with one of the sharks while we were in there. She gives alot of information and facts on sharks during the encounter. After the tank, she showed us a baby shark and we got to touch it's skin (feels like sandpaper). It is a very nerve-racking experience, but I'm glad I did it.
Back to top Go down
bratni
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bratni

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 pm

BTW, my avatar pic is from my honeymoon (last August) at Sandals in Negril, Jamaica in our River Suite pool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm

bratni wrote:
BTW, my avatar pic is from my honeymoon (last August) at Sandals in Negril, Jamaica in our River Suite pool.

wow..I went to sandals negril when it first opened up in 1990 and again in 1991...things have changed...but probably still s beautiful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Bratni,

Thank you for sharing that, it sounds exciting to say the least. I will definitely be showing my Daughter links to that! Honeymooners eh, congratulations! The pic is beautiful! Have never been to a Sandals Resort....yet......
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:14 pm

bratni wrote:

Must have been before the hurricane hit you! I see sunshine and clean water! sunny
Back to top Go down
bratni
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bratni

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Yep, Dad! It was before Gustav came and ruined a good 4 out of 7 of our beach days! Sad I'm still bitter and feel cheated. I need a re-do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Bratni, Oh you are definitely owed a do-over!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Good luck. Once the corporate empire gets your money....they don't like to give it back! The basssssssssssssssstards!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Beach in St. Thomas?   Best Beach in St. Thomas? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Beach in St. Thomas?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2