Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)

Go down 
+2
Murphy
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Empty
PostSubject: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 pm

I am posting this here (and not in the hotel section) because I wasn't sure how fast you all would see it.

My FLL reservation at the Atlantic Resort and Spa was cancelled cursing
Long story short, they are no longer a SPG hotel. No one told me. I called them to confirm. My rate is no longer valid. BlahBlahBlah

I am there in THREE WEEKS! I have SPG working on finding me a new room. I want one close to the port with all of the ammenities of a nice hotel. I am picky about hotels. Embarassed Which is the reason I booked the Atlantic to begin with. GRRRRRRRR

Now I am looking online for another hotel...trying to choose between Embassy Suites, Hyatt Grande, maybe Westin. UGH I just don't know.

HELP Please
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Michele, I've used the Marriott that is on the 17th Street Causeway, the only problem is that they've changed hands and I'm not sure how it is now. My other "go to" hotel in Fort Lauderdale is the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel. Good luck and maybe one of our TAs can give a hand in getting you a better rate...
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Tina, I think that's what the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club was called right, the Mariott?

That's the one I am leaning toward. I am off to check out the Renaissance. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:39 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Tina, I think that's what the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club was called right, the Mariott?

That's the one I am leaning toward. I am off to check out the Renaissance. Thanks!

none of them take pets so you will have to sleep outside..lol..i crack myself up!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:42 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:

Michele, right that's the one!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Michelle, check out the Lago Mar! The rates there at this time of year are probably outrageous, but I love it. It's right on the beach, has 2 outdoor pools, an outdoor bar, an outdoor restaurant and an indoor restaurant. You can walk out to the beach at sail time and watch the ships sail out of the channel! Almost all the rooms are junior or full suites, so one room easily sleeps 5 or 6. Oh, and it has a spa too!

The only thing that is bad, if it can be considered bad, is that it is kind of isolated. You actually go thru a residental neighborhood to get there. So, you can't walk to another restaurant or store. It that's important to you, it's not a good choice, but if you are there to "chill" before or after the cruise and are happy to eat in the resort, it my favorite FLL recommendation!
www.LagoMar.com
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Quote :
[quote="Murphy"]Michelle, check out the Lago Mar! www.LagoMar.com[/quote]
That's a really nice hotel. The Westin also is lovely, which some have gotten on hotwire. Have you checked hotwire for 3.5 stars or higher? Westin is pretty far west of the ocean. I think Id rather stay nearer the ocean, but its a very nice area.

I lived for 13 years or so in Boca Raton is why I know this area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Murphy wrote:
Michelle, check out the Lago Mar! The rates there at this time of year are probably outrageous, but I love it. It's right on the beach, has 2 outdoor pools, an outdoor bar, an outdoor restaurant and an indoor restaurant. You can walk out to the beach at sail time and watch the ships sail out of the channel! Almost all the rooms are junior or full suites, so one room easily sleeps 5 or 6. Oh, and it has a spa too!

The only thing that is bad, if it can be considered bad, is that it is kind of isolated. You actually go thru a residental neighborhood to get there. So, you can't walk to another restaurant or store. It that's important to you, it's not a good choice, but if you are there to "chill" before or after the cruise and are happy to eat in the resort, it my favorite FLL recommendation!
[url=http://www.LagoMar.com
www.LagoMar.com[/quote[/url]]

Thanks Susan, just checked it and it is starting at $315 for that night.

I think I want to try to keep it under $300 for pre-cruise. But I am saving that in my favs for any future ones, thanks!

Flowers - I did look at hotwire and priceline, they guarantee a room for two adults...no kids. Sad Why does this have to be so hard.

I am hoping that Starwood Corporate comes through and finds me a hotel. They say I will know by tomorrow. We'll see. I am ready for Plan B.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:48 pm

OK I have a bunch of links. Hyatt Place says $256 here and includes picking you up from the airport and shuttle to port everglades. $165 for Comfort Inn (not sure up to your standards) but it also includes pick up from the airport and shuttle to the port.

http://buyreservations.com/AHR%20-%20FLL%20hotel%20choices/0%20-%20FLL%20%20hotel%20choices.htm

This link here includes parking too, but might have some other good ideas.

http://www.stay123.com/

(Iv been saving a few links in case we dont stay with my friend for CF Halloween Oasis lol

There are a couple of hotels mentioned on the Oasis Halloween thread, the good thing about the hotel mentioned on 17th street is it is by the water taxi. The taxi isnt free, but it does have childrens prices and would be fun at night or to go to dinner.

See post by Josh regarding Embassy Suites, it should be close enough to the water taxi.

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/oasis-halloween-cruise-2010-itinerary-t1484-75.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Flowers - THANK YOU! The Hyatt Place is running $216 for that night. WooHoo

So now I have another option.

I'll wait for Starwood. If they don't come back with an option, then I'll figure out if I want the Embassy or Grand Hotel - access to the water taxi. Or go with Hyatt that has a free shuttle (the others don't)
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:33 pm

I have recently had a luxury guest stay at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Resort & Spa and they thought it a nice property convenient to the cruise port, and reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:16 am

Hi Michelle,

We loved, loved, loved the Embassy Suites last October. Beautiful, clean hotel, shuttles to the port, breakfast and manager's cocktail reception included. Plus very close to shopping for pre-cruise stuff.

Good luck ... isn't planning a cruise fun!! I love it ... even the little problems.

Livabeth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 am

I will second that motion for The Embassy Suites. Nice, clean place with a nice pool area for the kids. Mini plaza right behind it for anything you might need before the trip. Close to the port, and the breakfast in the morning is hot, cooked to order.Loved it!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:35 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
I am posting this here (and not in the hotel section) because I wasn't sure how fast you all would see it.

My FLL reservation at the Atlantic Resort and Spa was cancelled :@#$:
Long story short, they are no longer a SPG hotel. No one told me. I called them to confirm. My rate is no longer valid. BlahBlahBlah

I am there in THREE WEEKS! I have SPG working on finding me a new room. I want one close to the port with all of the ammenities of a nice hotel. I am picky about hotels. Embarassed Which is the reason I booked the Atlantic to begin with. GRRRRRRRR

Now I am looking online for another hotel...trying to choose between Embassy Suites, Hyatt Grande, maybe Westin. UGH I just don't know.

HELP Please

Michelle,

We just stayed at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport
1825 Griffin Road
Dania, Florida 33004
(954) 920-3500

Jill got the hotel via hotwire very reasonably. They also have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then to the pier.

The only downside that I saw was that there weren't any restaurants closeby the hotel, but the ones in the hotel were good.

We've stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 > $200 and this last time was Sheraton < $100 I'll take the Sheraton next time!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow do I ever have a migraine :unwell:
But it's settled. I called Starwood and they comped me a room at the Westin Diplomat WooHoo
http://www.starwoodhotels.com:80/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1402&language=en-US

So then I called Enterprise and I have a car to drive around too.

A vacation should not be this hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm glad things worked out for you. Is this for your Indy cruise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:15 pm

I am glad it worked out for you Michele. I had a problem last year with a Starwood Hotel.After booking with my points, the Hotel shortly after that changed to a Holiday Inn instead. They ended up honoring my reservation, but it sure makes for a headache when you think you are all set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Yep, Penny, it's for Indy in 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Michele..

Glad it worked out for you in a good way. Now you can go back to vacation mode which is relaxing and stress free.

Kim Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:34 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Yep, Penny, it's for Indy in 3 weeks.

HAve fun on the Indy...I can't wait to try RCCL in 2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)   Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fort Lauderdale Hotel - need advice quicky please :)
Page 1 of 1