Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rum Runner Flasks

Go down 
+3
flowers
JJ2sail
Allgeeteredup
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Has anyone ever used the Rum Runner flasks for bringing alcohol on their cruises?
Back to top Go down

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:08 pm

it says you can be disembarked at your own expense if you get caught bringing alcohol on board. that said, after i paid a few thousand for my cruise i'm not going home for a $20 bottle of rum
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Yes we've used them on the last few cruises. No problem.
Back to top Go down

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:38 pm

what is a rum runner flask? what did you put it in your luggage?
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
what is a rum runner flask? what did you put it in your luggage?

google rum runner flasks. They have their own website and don't seem to be sold anywhere else, except knock offs. REPEAT is a code that has worked for others to get a discount on your order.

Pat, I think only RCL has that provision that smugglers can be put off the ship. I think they mean if you try and bring a case of vodka, they don't have to let you board. I doubt they would do it for a small amount, but they might confiscate it. I haven't bothered to smuggle either. Im thinking it would be easy to put a small rum runner flask in your pocket and walk it thru. No metal to set off the machine. Most people put them in their luggage or carry on. I hear they work, but most cruiselines say if they catch you with liquor in other than the original container, they will dispose of it. That worries me, losing not only the liquor, but your rum runner!!! lmao.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm

They are very inexpensive. Hubby likes to have a drink in the cabin before dinner, and is not a wine drinker, so he will bring one along.

Here is the website: http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

It's funny because on our last cruise, hubby got called down to the naughty room, and we thought they had found the flask, but instead had seen his leatherman knife/tool on the xray, and he had to remove that and show it to them, but they never saw his flask.
Back to top Go down

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:41 pm

what about if you put a bottle in your luggage? i mean i figured they would just confiscate a small amount like that but i figure that it's probably not worth it. i don't drink but my husband does and he met someone on our last cruise that told him he buys the soda card and they orders a double shot of pirate rum and then mixes it with soda. he said it's cheaper than buy 2 mixed drinks. i told my husband to throw a bottle of rum in there if he wanted to try it. but not to let me know because i would probably just turn myself in.
Back to top Go down

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 pm

i went to their website and it said to read the review on cc. so i googled that and people also talked about putting it in mouthwash bottles. that's a pretty good idea. because even if they see it they're not going to open your mouth wash - i don't think. and mouthwash comes in all different colors and sizes and washes out of the bottles easily.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:07 pm

On Royal Caribbean, they will take any bottle of liquor out of your bag or make you take it out. My mom had one little bottle of wine, the single serving size, and they took it. Personally, I would not want to put liquor in a mouthwash bottle. I have heard of them checking mouthwash bottles too. And it's just not worth the hassle. The rumrummer flasks are nice and easy.

The thing is, on Royal Caribbean you can carry on or check cases of soda and water, but they won't let you bring even one bottle of wine or liquor on board. I'm pretty picky about wine and hubby is pretty picky about liquor, so I usually just don't drink, or have an occasional Pina Colada, but I have a really hard time finding a wine on board I like.
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:16 am

My dh insisted on bringing vodka on one cruise... we used mouthwash bottles...let me tell you, we cleaned and cleaned and really cleaned them out and the vodka still had a minty taste...LOL...

Dolores
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:42 am

ok so let me get this straight - you use the rum runner flask - which i purchased. and where do you put it? in your luggage? just seems to me if they would check a mouthwash bottle why wouldn't they check that flask?
Back to top Go down
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:53 pm

We haven't ever had any problems on any cruise line bringing on Vodka in water bottles. If we don't bring it from home, we buy it ashore, transfer it to water bottles, and just walk aboard. We have never had a problem!
Lois

Rum Runner Flasks Event

Rum Runner Flasks Event

Rum Runner Flasks Event
Back to top Go down

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:07 pm

I always like a nice bloody mary sitting on the balcony. I pack a plastic litre bottle of vodka, and a plastic bloody mary mix in my luggage, and they always make it to my room Smile I usually roll them up in a hand towel.

Lois, the water bottles are a great idea, your vodka doesn't come out all minty fresh. Very Happy
Rum Runner Flasks Smiley-eatdrink048
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:44 pm

That's why I like Princess so much. They never take away my knives or my liquor. Smugglers dream..... Pirate

As long as I'm having fun...they don't mind. (but as Bob Dylan would say...."The Times They Are a Changin' ")

Pretty soon...they'll be wrestling me down while I'm running onboard with my gourmet coffee! (then we are gonna fight!) GoodLuck
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 am

Depending on the cruise line, some allow you to bring wine on board, and even pour it for you at dinner (for a corkage fee)
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com
Sponsored content

Rum Runner Flasks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rum Runner Flasks   Rum Runner Flasks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rum Runner Flasks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Message Board Information :: Frequently Asked Questions-
Jump to: