Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

? on who's on your sailing??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

? on who's on your sailing?? Empty
PostSubject: ? on who's on your sailing??   ? on who's on your sailing?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:51 pm

Is there any way to find out if there are any large groups sailing on a particular cruise date?

I know I've called rcl myself before and they would give me "Well, we can tell you the ship is almost full",Razz but would not say if it is full of a big percentage of say, "a large group/business/etc".

Anyone?????

Linda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ? on who's on your sailing??   ? on who's on your sailing?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 8:51 pm

Not really. The cruise line won't divulge this information, not even to travel agents.

You can try to google your ship name and sail date, and see if anything pops up.

More than likely you'll only find large affinity groups that way, because they'll advertise online. For example, google Monarch of the Seas May 2, 2008. In the first page of results, you don't find anything about Clay Aiken fans being on that cruise (and they will be).

Also, wedding groups and business groups might not show up at all, since those aren't always "advertised" widely online.
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: ? on who's on your sailing??   ? on who's on your sailing?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:55 am

Tell you what - I can help out just a bit. I can post Gay Cruises (in the Gay Forum of course) on the major cruise lines that I can find and know about - sound good? Wink
Back to top Go down
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: ? on who's on your sailing??   ? on who's on your sailing?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 5:52 pm

Thanks for the replys. I've tried a google before and would usually come up with nothing. And I do know that I can go to the gay forum and check to see if their is a large group there.

I was really just curious if the TA got firsthand knowledge of anything. We were on a cruise once and there was a huge Amway convention/rewards cruise. OMG, we could not enjoy the ship. Massive amts of people in all ship's events:shock:
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: ? on who's on your sailing??   ? on who's on your sailing?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Linda.........I agree with your question....We cruised Radiance in AK one year and 75% of the ship was Pampered Chef people and the rest of the passengers were just nobodys........they got all the late dining....we didn't even get a choice in it, didn't matter if you were diamond or anything......

I swore I'd never do another cruise with a huge group on it, but difficult to get the info.
Back to top Go down
linkjc

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: ? on who's on your sailing??   ? on who's on your sailing?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:51 pm

rccl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ? on who's on your sailing??   ? on who's on your sailing?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

? on who's on your sailing??
Page 1 of 1