Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do in NYC - adult style

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-12-10

What to do in NYC - adult style Empty
PostSubject: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 pm

ImNewHere Well, being new here, having WON the cruise, AND having NOT ever been to NYC, I'm thrilled!!!!! I have seen Mama Mia (loved it!) in Vegas, so I'm open to anything else!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Hey Spruce.....cant help but notice you keep replying to threads by starting new ones...........No need...just hit POST REPLY in the thread you are looking at........not NEW POST.........

Welcome!! cheers
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Thanks!   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks, Kathy!!! As a newbie, I don't know all the ropes! That helps me a lot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:16 am

Hi Spruce120! Welcome to the boards! I am also fairly new here & have won a cabin on this cruise. Isn't it exciting! I live in upstate NY, and have never seen NYC, other than flying in and out of it! I love Broadway shows, and anything goes for this girl too. I saw Wicked when it came to town last year, it was great! See you around the boards, Jackie
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Ginny and I are from Northern, NY and spend our mini vacations in NYC.
Anyone wanting any NYC things to do ideas can look us up. I recommend
the circle line tours. I know some of you are groining but even though they
get a reputation for sounding hokey they can be pretty fun and very affordable.

The Ellis island tour was also very awesome. I love Art Deco and Beaux-Arts so
seeing the Chrysler, Flat Iron, and Empire State Buildings is thrilling for me. It
also has the added benefit of costing nothing. Navigating the city is very facile
because its set on a grid unlike Boston or Paris. You can also get a Fun Pass for
the subway which gives unlimited rides for set period so you can lost as often
as you like at no extra charge.

As in all my posts I hope this was helpful. Any questions you can contact us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:23 pm

circle line may sound hokey but if i'm a tourist i want to see all those things. i don't know how many times i have seen the rockefeller tree and times square and i still drag my husband's sorry behind to see it. i do hope wicked is there when we go because i don't get to broadway like i did when i worked in the city and i know i could never get my husband to the met for an opera but i'm also not opposed to leaving him behind if anyone else wants to go with me.
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Adirondack Pete wrote:
I know some of you are groining

Heh...he-heh....heh. He said "groining" Laughing
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:18 pm

I wanted to say that........but I refrained. Now I can laugh.. roflmao

Some typo's are just...funny!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:25 pm

spruce120 wrote:
ImNewHere Well, being new here, having WON the cruise, AND having NOT ever been to NYC, I'm thrilled!!!!! I have seen Mama Mia (loved it!) in Vegas, so I'm open to anything else!

Welcome newbie (or not so newbie at this point) - I'm a New Yorker, so ask away!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:54 am

I haven't been to NY in so long. I need to get back there....soon. Maybe I'll win a cruise too. I never win anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 am

we already had that i never win anything contest.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 am

[quote="Adirondack Pete"]Ginny and I are from Northern, NY and spend our mini vacations in NYC.
I recommend the circle line tours. I know some of you are groining but even though they get a reputation for sounding hokey they can be pretty fun and very affordable.

] We have been on the circle line tours , we find them very good to get an overall view. When we bring newcomers we always take one. And a Harbour cruise too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:12 am

don't they have those dinner cruises? i can't remember what they're called but i think they leave from near the intrepid. oh the intrepid is a great museum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:31 am

oesnjstar wrote:
we already had that i never win anything contest.

Damn. I missed it.
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm glas to see many people like Circle Line. I also like the Hop on Hop off bus tours because they are informative and get you from point A to B. I get
blasted a lot by people when I mention them--but I like them.

Also, if you want to see Wicked you may want to read the book. Half.com. is an inexspensive way to purchase books. Its obviously not required in order to see the musical but its a nice way to build up excitement.

PS Because of flashbacks I have no opinion on the Uss Intrepid.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Theare in an Evening harbour tour that has dinner and dancing. I have done that it is very good. You see the City in light , twilight and night.

There is also just a sightseeing cruise without dinner and dancing. It is also good and more informative.

I tend not to read the boo of anything first (if I can avoid it), since there is always more in the book. So if I like the show or movie , I can then read the book and get more out of it.

For The Lord of the Rings I had read the book first , like many people. They could not possibly put everything, in to the movie . But the movies were great because they captured the spitit of the book. The musical version however was a great letdown..
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: What to do in NYC   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Thaks for all your comments on tours. I'm thinking that would be our best bet. My hubby has been to NYC, but it's been quite a few years. I'm the type that wants to see EVERYTHING! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do in NYC - adult style   What to do in NYC - adult style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do in NYC - adult style
Page 1 of 1