Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey

Go down 
+7
NDJollyMon
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Josh
Jill T
MerryMeetingTravel
Big Red Robyn
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Empty
PostSubject: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Cruise Freeks is going to join our associated travel agent Dolores Gifford of Merry Meetings Travel in sponsoring "2nd Annual Rock the Waves" cruise. Dolores has secured rocker Gary Hoey to be the special on-board guest and, she is also going to have Jenny McCarthy on-board since this is a charity fund raiser for Generation Rescue http://www.generationrescue.org/ This is the foundation Jenny McCarthy started when her son was diagnosed with autism.

Details to follow but, it will be aboard Carnival Splendor, departing November 8, 2009 with a Mexico itinerary and featuring ports of call: Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo.

Stay tuned for details!

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:54 pm

I will get a proper web page set up with all this information but, in the meantime click the link below for full information:

http://www.bestmusiccruises.com/Rock_Cruise_2009.php

The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey 28688110

To Book Your cabin: Call Dolores @ (603)509-2785 or (888) 586-5277 OR Email: Dolores@BestMusicCruises.com

Inside
Deck
4B (30 cabins) $ 869 pp Riviera & Main Deck, blue

Oceaniew
6B (30 cabins) $ 989 pp Riviera Deck orange & Main Deck, purple
Balcony
8B (75 cabins) $1159 pp Empress Deck, green
8C (50 cabins) $1179 pp Empress Deck, yellow
Suite
11 (15 cabins) $1759 pp Empress Deck,
blue

Please note: The Prices above include port charges, taxes, gratuity and all onboard group activities! Anyone booking a suite will receive VIP status.

THERE ARE NO HIDDEN FEES, PORT CHARGES, TAXES, AND GRATUITY IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE!

Please note, single occupancy is 200% of the fare! If you don't have a roomate, but would like to book now, you can always add a roomie later. 3rd and 4th passenger rates cannot be guaranteed until a cabin is booked, so please inquire at time of booking for the current up to date pricing.

Book your cabin now, to be assured you don't miss out!

Payments may be made with CHECK,VISA, MC or Paypal (FOR AMEX ONLY)

Carnival's newest, largest and most innovative ship to date, CARNIVAL SPLENDOR will dazzle all cruisers with a host of new features, including: staterooms with flat screen TVs, a spectacular 21,000 sq foot, two-level spa and gym facility, 5,500-square-foot children's playroom and a mid-ship pool covered with a two-deck-high Sliding Sky Dome.

CONTACT
Dolores Gifford, ACC Travel Professional/ Owner
www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
(603) 509-2785/ (888) 586-5277
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:07 pm

cursing You had me until the date... No way November 8th is going to work for us. Maybe for the 3rd annual cruise - try to make it during the summer or a time when the kids are off from school! Wink
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Big Red Robyn wrote:
:@#$: You had me until the date... No way November 8th is going to work for us. Maybe for the 3rd annual cruise - try to make it during the summer or a time when the kids are off from school! Wink

Darn! Gary picks the date, the 1st Annual was this past November 2, 2008... 2009 is November 8, 2009...

I am still working on having Jenny McCarthy join us... this hasn't been finalized yet...

Dolores
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
Jill T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jill T

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:21 am

Same here - the date just isn't going to work and believe me, I would have booked!
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Sorry to hear that Jill... Maybe next time...
Back to top Go down
Josh
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Josh

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Thought I'd give this a bump up for you in light of the contest Very Happy ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm going to move things around so I'll be able to book and come along, sounds like a Rockin' Good Time! The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Rockon11The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Rockon10
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Sammy Hagar's bar...The Cabo Wabo Cantina is really a hot spot in Cabo.
If you are familiar with Sammy's music...you know he often sings about Cabo. He has a huge Birthday Bash down there each year.

Can you tell it's a party bar from the lyrics to the song,

Cabo Wabo
(Words by Van Halen)

I've been to Rome, Dallas, Texas
Man, I thought I'd seen it all, oh
Around the world, searchin' every corner
Man, I thought I'd hit the wall, ah!

There's a sleepy town lies South of the border
You go there once, you'll be there twice
Lots of pretty girls comin' by the dozen, woo!
The white sand sure make a tan look nice

(Oooh) We crash on the beach
(Oooh) You know I wanna
(Oooh) Make love in the sea
(Oooh) We gotta try a little dance
(Oooh) So, Cabo Wabo
(Oooh) It's all right by me
(Oooh)

Come on, let me take you down
I will show you all around
(Down in Cabo)
Let me take you down
Face down in Cabo, kissin' the ground

Land's End, you'd have to see it
Ain't no picture ever say it right, no-oow-oh
Walkin' the streets doin' that ol', the Cabo Wabo, hah!
Place come to life every night, nooo!

(Oooh) I wanna crash on the beach
(Oooh) You know I wanna
(Oooh) Make love in the sea (oooh)
(Oooh) Yeah, it's all right there
(Oooh) We don't have to chase it
(Oooh) Fits paradise to a T. Woo!

Come on, let me take you down
(Down in Cabo)
Let me take you down
Face down in Cabo, kissin' the ground, woo!

(Guitar Solo)

Uh-uuh
Uhhhh

Wa-ahahahah
Hey!
Wa-ahahahah

We drink Mescal right from the bottle
Salt shaker, little lick a lime, ahh
Throwin' down, down, tryin' to reach the bottom
Where the guave worm, well he's mine all mine

(Oooh) Come on, crash on the beach
(Oooh) You know I wanna
(Oooh) Make love in the sea (oooh)
(Oooh) Woo! Gonna try a little dance
(Oooh) So Cabo Wabo
(Oooh) It's all right by me

Let me take you down
(Down in Cabo)
Let me take you down
Face down in Cabo, kissin' the ground. Woo! Come on

Face down (Face down)
Down in Cabo
Take me down (Take me down)
Down to Cabo. Uh!
Face down (Face down)
Down in Cabo
doin' the Cabo Wabo, ow!
Take me down (Take me down)
Down to Cabo, woo!
Come on, get it, get it, ow!
Ah-hah! Woo-hoo! Ow! Come on!

Last edited by NDJollyMon on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Mas tequila Pete!
Back to top Go down
RKlein
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
RKlein

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Pete,

I have done my share of Cabo shots!
Back to top Go down
RKlein
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
RKlein

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Hopefully I can rearrange some things to get a shot at this cruise. No airfare required for me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:05 am

no airfare - what beautiful words. actually it's not the fare it's just the flying. but i tell you i am going to make it work because my husband really wants to go to australia. he is chomping at the bit looking at that cruise in 2012. every tuesday he is like is the clue out yet?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:14 am

oesnjstar wrote:
no airfare - what beautiful words. actually it's not the fare it's just the flying. but i tell you i am going to make it work because my husband really wants to go to australia. he is chomping at the bit looking at that cruise in 2012. every tuesday he is like is the clue out yet?

alright! Another couple on the Australia Group! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:08 am

If I don't win it, maybe I will book it. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 am

i don't think i can get away without going on this trip - he just asked when the next clue comes out.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:22 pm

I'll admit...
when I first heard about this cruise...my first question was...
Who the hell is Gary Hoey????

After a search, and some time on YouTube...I learned real fast. WOW! Can this guy play the guitar! I can understand Ozzy liking him...and can't believe he's not much more well known than he seems to be. Ozzy is VERY picky when it comes to guitarists...afterall....they literally have to drown out his singing! Laughing (j/k Ozzy...you know I love ya!)

So, music fans....if you don't know Gary Hoey....hit YouTube and check him out. This cruise is a great chance to see him play, and perhaps interact with a really great musician.

(and check out his spin on Christmas songs!)
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm thinking about this one...

We're supposed to go on a cruise in May but if that doesn't "solidify", we may check this one out!!
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Ok - we are on - thanks to the fabulous contest!!!! Entire family is very excited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:09 pm

well pete i have to admit, my question was who the heck is gary hoey. i will check him out. you can't understand ozzy are you sure he said he's good.
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:22 am

Hey everyone...

Gary has been rated at one of the top 3 guitarists in the world and I am honored to be a friend!

He plays amazing blues, rock and yes, his Christmas songs are GREAT... I love the GRINCH! You can also hear him on his website www.GaryHoey.com and his myspace page www.myspace.com/garyhoey

He is a GREAT guy... he and the whole band hang out every night with us in the bars and clubs and such!

I believe he will be videoing the show for a dvd he is putting out!

Dolores
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Well - my family is thrilled!! They love that kind of stuff! Thanks again CF & everyone involved!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:29 pm

MerryMeetingTravel wrote:
Gary has been rated at one of the top 3 guitarists in the world and I am honored to be a friend!Dolores
so dolores, I've got to ask, who are the other two? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:04 pm

hendrix
Back to top Go down
nolet3

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Hey, i wanted to say i went on the last Gary Hoey Cruise and it was a blast, the entire band is a class act, not saying what a family guy he is, his playing is 2nd to none, really check him out,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey   The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2nd Annual Rock The Waves Cruise with Gary Hoey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next