Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant

Go down 
+12
Admin
Cruising Rays
I Cruise Do You Cruise
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
NDJollyMon
lolomeme
frannieburr
jillybabes
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Murphy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

2010 Christmas - Restaurant Vote
Tony Di Napoli
2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Vote_lcap6%2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Carmine's
2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Vote_lcap0%2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rock Center Cafe
2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Vote_lcap94%2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Vote_rcap
 94% [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:55 am

If you're joining the 2010 Christmas Cruise Group, now is time to vote for the restaurant of your choice. Tina had me review 3 different restaurants and you can read each of my reviews and then vote accordingly:

Tony Di Napoli
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/tony-di-napoli-s-nick-s-review-for-christmas-2010-t1951.htm

Carmine's

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/nick-s-review-of-carmines-time-square-t2034.htm

Rock Center Cafe
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/nick-s-review-of-rock-center-cafe-t2142.htm

This for the second evening of our pre-cruise stay and this will be the evening we go to Radio City for the Christmas Spectacular
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Wow, Nick! Thanks for the review. And while I think it would be neat to try one of the Italian offerings previously reviewed, I think the Rock Center Cafe has to be the hands-down front runner! After all, we will be there for the magical holiday atmosphere and your pictures certainly took care of that! We can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Agreeing with Nick that I can get better Italian food home, my vote goes to Rock Center Cafe
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:48 pm

Cool Another vote for Rock Center Cafe
Back to top Go down
frannieburr
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: love italian but......   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:08 pm

rock center cafe sounds awesome for this time of year. Thanks for all the great reviews..had to be fun doing them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:25 pm

RCC for me.............I think that was the place I ate at once........not sure how long its been there,but I know for sure I ate at a restaurant(back in the 80s) that was right there........
Back to top Go down
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks Nick for the great job in reviewing these restaurants. Since I have lived in Florida these past 40 years, I really have forgotten how beautiful New Yprk City can be at Christmastime. Looking forward to meeting all on this wonderful cruise.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:42 pm

The Rock it is....
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Tina, I think we can probably close the poll right now! lol! Rock Center Cafe is winning without any competition Wink
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:40 pm

since I've never been to NYC......anything is wonderful!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:16 pm

It's the Rock Center for me too. Been in and around the area many timea, always wanted to dine there and never had time. Now I will I hope cheers Sheila.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Food...........did somebody mention Food? :eat:

Like Julie, we have never been to NYC either, but the Rock Center Cafe sounds like a great choice.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Love your new avatar Sheila Very Happy & Bob!!!
Back to top Go down
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
I Cruise Do You Cruise

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Another nod yes to Rock Center Cafe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
If you're joining the 2010 Christmas Cruise Group, now is time to vote for the restaurant of your choice. Tina had me review 3 different restaurants and you can read each of my reviews and then vote accordingly:

Tony Di Napoli
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/tony-di-napoli-s-nick-s-review-for-christmas-2010-t1951.htm

Carmine's

https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/nick-s-review-of-carmines-time-square-t2034.htm

Rock Center Cafe
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/nick-s-review-of-rock-center-cafe-t2142.htm

This for the second evening of our pre-cruise stay and this will be the evening we go to Radio City for the Christmas Spectacular

Nick,
Thanks so much for your time in doing this. Rock Center Cafe all the way!! Being from Martha's Vineyard I am used to expensive!! Ha ha....Happy New Year!!
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:56 pm

We loved your reviews also. Great job!!!!!! cheers

We are also putting in our vote for the Rock. The pictures sold us. How cool to dine by the rink!!!!!!! Also the dessert menu .... Yummo!!! ....

Kim and Mike Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Gee, so you guys really want Carmine's huh? lol! Ok, I'll leave this open for a bit longer but, I think it's safe to say that our dinner on the second evening in Manhattan will be at Rock Center Cafe.

What I'll try to do is see if they'll include passes for Top of the Rock (which is the observation deck at the top of Rockefeller Center, here's the link: http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/) and we'll let small groups of 8 or 10 people at a time go up and then come down and let the next group go up. Or something like that - no worries, we'll work it out so it's included. Even if we have to go up after the Christmas Show at Radio City.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Just looked at the website you included for Top of the Rock..................

WOW!!!!!! That would just be way too cool!!!! Awesome!!!! Cool

We did the 3-D tour on the website. That was really neat!!!

Kim and Mike Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Ut oh the boss is here lol! How did I do Tina?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Ya done good Nick, nice job - too bad you didn't have a camera with you for the other restaurants.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:18 pm

Very Happy Good, always like to make the boss happy. And, I know, if I had the camera before now, I would have taken photos of the other places but, oh well... I think the group is making the right choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Count us in for the Rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Count us in for the Rock.

Which rock would that be Ron? Rockin' around the Christmas tree? Rockin' Roll High School? Rockin Robin? lol!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Well I ate my first ever Pizza in Naples and been hooked ever since, so anything with Napoli in the name will get my vote. Not that I have a chance of swaying the vote on this one Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:38 pm

lordoftime wrote:
Well I ate my first ever Pizza in Naples and been hooked ever since, so anything with Napoli in the name will get my vote. Not that I have a chance of swaying the vote on this one Smile

You could always go there for lunch for pizza geek !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant   2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Christmas Cruisers Time To Vote for A Restaurant
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next