Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calling All Cunard Ladies

Go down 
+6
mytee4ever
JJ2sail
Cunard Cruiser
HMS AnyShip
Pam M
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Calling All Cunard Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:06 pm

How many of you would be interested in having a fashion show or demonstration of some sort regarding what to wear and how to pack for a Cunard cruise? I work for Saks and I have something in mind if the idea goes over well here. So please post if you're interested!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Christina - might I suggest elaborating a bit. I've sailed Cunard and know what to pack but, if you're a little more forthcoming with what you have in mind, you might get a better response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Something along the lines that Nina had mentioned. That we'll show you what is acceptable and what isn't plus show you how to pack - almost a must for a 15 day cruise at Christmas Very Happy

And, then offer a small gift card to those who attend and watch. The details need to be nailed down but, that's the general idea.
Back to top Go down
HMS AnyShip
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
HMS AnyShip

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Are you talking about a virtual fashion show? That sounds like it could be fun!
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Interesting idea - I'm sure those new to Cunard might appreciate your efforts!
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Sounds like fun to me!!!
Betsy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Sounds great! I need all the help I can get! If it is not a virtual fashion show it needs to be a traveling one, and come to the SF Bay area!
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:42 pm

A virtual fashion show sounds cool! One that I can probably find the time to attend.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 pm

I would love to help out with this if you need volunteers Cool
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm in!!

Sooooooo . . .I take it Cunard is different from other cruise lines? I guess we should start with that!! Different how?

Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Id like more information too. My sister has some long dresses, even one or two in velvet she wears to church. Are any of these going to be ok on non formal nights?

Iv only got a couple of designer dresses that might or might not fit exactly by the time of the cruise, so I know I will have to borrow clothes or buy more dresses. Im sure I will need to buy some dresses for dinner.

Every night is formal and one is really really formal, do I have it right??

Do folks dress up all day?? Id like some ideas of how they dress for day activities too. Im gathering you cant wear shorts and a tee shirt to sit by the pool? Iv heard the women stay dressed after dinner for all evening from reading some of the threads.

I'd attend. You don't even need to give me a $$ off coupon or any incentive.
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:25 pm

I absolutely will attend the fashion show! We plan on doing a Baltic cruise on Cunard & I want to look the part.

I read that you can wear swim suits & shorts by the pool - but the dining room is formal, semi-formal & casual elegance for dinner!

Sounds like fun! Let us know when the fashion show is!!

Linda

Last edited by Wildewoman on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:44 pm

I'll be there!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:54 pm

Ok ladies - we're working on the plan now! This is going to happen but, we don't have any details yet. Stay tuned, we're going to make it something really fun and worthwhile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 3:31 pm

A virtual fashion show would be an awesome way to make us feel confident about 'fitting in'.

I will definitely be out of my "FreeStyle-comfort-zone"!

Not entirely a bad thing...just different! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Cunard Ladies   Calling All Cunard Ladies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling All Cunard Ladies
Page 1 of 1