Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Empty
PostSubject: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:24 am

To the other messageboard members I am wondering what got you interested in the Cunard Line? For me it is the technically great but historically flawed movie James Cameron's Titanic that got me interested in the Cunard Line and also in the history of the great Transatlantic Liners and also to go aboard the QE2.And now with the retirement of the QE2 next November 27th that interest has moved over to the QM2,Queen Victoria and the new Queen Elizabeth of 2010.I have been aboard the QM2 4 times already and I am going aboard the QM2 again next April for a back2back transatlantic crossing.I have not been aboard the Queen Victoria yet but would like to go aboard her and the new Queen Elizabeth has not been built yet and I would like to go aboard the new Queen Elizabeth too. Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:32 am

For me, it's always been part of my life. I have many fond childhood memories of Transatlantic crossings on Cunard and, even though I've been on other cruise lines, nothing can ever replace Cunard.
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:11 pm

In the 80's I working aboard the first and finest Queen I love you and with that, opened up the world of Cunard for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:51 pm

WAY Back my Grandparents took my cousin and I to Europe and we traveled on the QE I (I'm dating myself) going over and the Queen Mary coming home (yes the one docked out in LongBeach). I was a teenager at the time and my cousin and I would wonder around the ship and get lost and the gorgeous workers would have to show us back from the first class area to the tourist class. It was the beginning of my love for cruises! Many years later and I'm still loving them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:14 pm

The reputation of the line - I wanted to see how it compared to the other lines - now I know Cunard is among the best and, it is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 pm

Friendly Cruises wrote:
WAY Back my Grandparents took my cousin and I to Europe and we traveled on the QE I (I'm dating myself) going over and the Queen Mary coming home (yes the one docked out in LongBeach). I was a teenager at the time and my cousin and I would wonder around the ship and get lost and the gorgeous workers would have to show us back from the first class area to the tourist class. It was the beginning of my love for cruises! Many years later and I'm still loving them!

WOW! I am terribly envious Very Happy How lucky you are to have sailed aboard, in my book, the two greatest Queens! That's something most of us can only dream of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Nina (Ambiance Traveler) got me interested. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:38 pm

534 wrote:
Friendly Cruises wrote:

WOW! I am terribly envious Very Happy How lucky you are to have sailed aboard, in my book, the two greatest Queens! That's something most of us can only dream of.

534, you hear of circumstances happening to people in their youth that make a difference in their lives... I do believe it was my experience on the Queens at 16 with my Grandparents that influenced my career. I too feel lucky!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:59 pm

For me it was the history of the line. I loved the "throw back" feel and and laid back refined atmosphere. I have always wished that I could have lived in the 40's & 50's and Cunard gives me a chance to experience the essense of that era. It is an escape to another life and for me that makes for a really special vacation. It is a perfect fit Smile I'm so pleased that Cunard is also a part of my every day life because every time I plan someone's trip it's like taking a little vacation myself, even if it is only in the mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?   What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Got You Interested In The Cunard Line?
Page 1 of 1