Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 am

If you have a question about booking for Susan, this is the place to post it.

Booking Deployment Schedule

August 21, 2008 - Diamond Plus and Diamond C&A Members
August 28, 2008 - All other C&A Member Levels
September 3, 2008 - General Public

Our official travel for Oasis of the Seas is:
Susan Schaefer of Ships N Trips Travel
Phone: Toll free: (888) 221-1209
Email: susan@shipsntripstravel.com

**OASIS PRE-BOOKING FORMS**

BOOK ONLINE FORM
http://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/Oasis-of-the-Seas-Booking-Form-h76.htm

OR FAX IN THE FORM
http://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/Oasis-Booking-Form-for-FAXING-h77.htm

PRE-CRUISE PARTY FORM
http://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/Oasis-Pre-Cruise-Party-Purchase-h79.htm

Cruise Freek Forums Oasis of the Seas Website:
(Contains lots of information with more to come!)
http://oasisoftheseas.makeswebsites.com/

Oasis of the Seas

Deck Plans
Click Here

Pricing
Click Here
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 am

Do we know how many rooms CC has blocked at Embassy Suites? Also, can we add more rooms to the group block after the 25 on hold are booked?
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 am

Any idea what the more moderately priced hotel is going be and, if so, can you give us some price estimates?
Back to top Go down
diaz loves 2 cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:21 am

If we book direct with Royal Caribbean, how do we transfer the reservation to you?
Back to top Go down
RCCL Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 am

Do you know if anytime dining will be available on Oasis?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:48 am

RCCL Fan wrote:
Do you know if anytime dining will be available on Oasis?
we asked this in a TA-only webinar about Oasis ... the answer is "we haven't been told yet" ... but the assumption is that it will be offered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:49 am

Diamond Dave wrote:
Do we know how many rooms CC has blocked at Embassy Suites? Also, can we add more rooms to the group block after the 25 on hold are booked?
Embassy said after we filled our 25 rooms we could ask for more, and based on availability we MIGHT get more. If we don't, we'll find another comparable hotel in the area (in addition to finding a less expensive. moderately priced hotel as an alternative).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:51 am

diaz loves 2 cruise wrote:
If we book direct with Royal Caribbean, how do we transfer the reservation to you?
RCCL has a form you need to fill out and fax into them. Once the hullabaloo of booking is over, email me and I can send you the form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:52 am

Big Red Robyn wrote:
Any idea what the more moderately priced hotel is going be and, if so, can you give us some price estimates?
I've made calls to several - none have yet been willing to lock in a price this early - I'm going to try again in early Sept after we have made it through the booking hullabaloo to see if I can get them to commit to a price yet.
Back to top Go down
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:06 am

A bit off topic - how did Oasis do in the poll sent around for the charity cruise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

Tina would have the latest poll results, but so far 38 out of 57 respondents wanted Oasis, 6 voted to wait for other choices/prices in April, 6 were not sure and 7 voted neither. And the biggest hurdle to booking will be possible scheduling conflicts.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 am

Sounds like it's going to be Oasis for the charity cruise Very Happy

Susan my question is about air. I know most airlines only book 330 days out so here's my question. I know there are a lot of folks on here from the greater NY/NJ area going on the Oasis inaugural, and, I was wondering how group air works? Is it worth our time and efforts to try to organize it or are we only looking at something like a $5 difference between a group rate and regular airfare?

Any thoughts? Recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:41 am

A question about the Boardwalk Balcony cabins - do you think it's going to be noisy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:54 am

Dr Donna wrote:
A question about the Boardwalk Balcony cabins - do you think it's going to be noisy?
No. In yesterday's webinar they waid Boardwalk and Central Park view rooms will be sound proofed so you can not hear exterior noise when your balcony doors/windows are closed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:57 am

Cruise Virgin Vinnie wrote:
Sounds like it's going to be Oasis for the charity cruise Very Happy

Susan my question is about air. I know most airlines only book 330 days out so here's my question. I know there are a lot of folks on here from the greater NY/NJ area going on the Oasis inaugural, and, I was wondering how group air works? Is it worth our time and efforts to try to organize it or are we only looking at something like a $5 difference between a group rate and regular airfare?

Any thoughts? Recommendations?
It will vary from airline to airline, but I've found that when booking group space the price is identical to individual rates at that time. The group option USUALLY (not always) allows you to hold space with a deposit instead of full payment, with full payment due 30-60 days before the first flight. The catch could be that you are subject to increased fuel surcharges until paid in full. There are also penalties if you don't fill a certain number of the seats requested. For example, if you request 20 seats, the airlines probably will require that 16 of those seats have to fly. If you have fewer than that they could penalize the whole group as a result.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Cabin Descriptions can now be found here:

http://oasisoftheseas.makeswebsites.com/page.php?groupingID=miscellaneous2&cp=1

I tried to paste it in here but, the file was too large. I will send it around with pricing tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Andrew
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:13 pm

This is one incredible ship!
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Any idea of tables for 2 are available in the dining room?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Former Cruise Critic wrote:
Any idea of tables for 2 are available in the dining room?
We don't know yet - they didn't have any specific details last night about the dining rooms
Back to top Go down
Tommy Bahamas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Susan - I have a very unpopular question - please hold back your boos and hisses. I'm a smoker and I'm looking at the cabin chart: http://oasisoftheseas.makeswebsites.com/page.php?groupingID=miscellaneous2&cp=1

Will I be able to smoke on some balcony cabin categories? For example, I don't see smoking restrictions for Category D cabins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:51 pm

no boos or hisses Wink here is the policy we got in relation to Oasis:

Quote :
Eff Jan 2008, smoking is only permitted in designated areas and outdoors on the Starboard side of the ship. Smoking is not permitted in any dining venue, theater, hallway or corridor. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom or on Oasis class Boardwalk or Central Park private balconies, however it is permitted on private ocean view balconies of balcony/suite staterooms. A $250 penalty will be applied to the SeaPass for guests found smoking in staterooms or on the private balconies in Boardwalk and Central Park onboard Oasis class ships.
So Tommy to answer your questions, the cat D ocean view balconies will allow smoking on the private balcony.
Back to top Go down
First Timer
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm still not sure if i'll be able to book the inaugural or not and, might not know until the middle of October. Let's say, by some miracle, cabins are still available, can I still book with you and be eligible to book the party, etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:32 pm

You can definitely book the cruise with us, and if there's party spots available you can definitely book that in Oct too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions   

Back to top Go down

Last Minute Oasis Booking Questions
Page 1 of 1