Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll

Go down 
+3
Andy The Sailor Man
Kevin T
IliveontheLIE
7 posters

Grand Turk Shore Tour Vote
Yes - Horse & Carriage Tour plus lunch
Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Vote_lcap64%Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Vote_rcap
 64% [ 9 ]
No - Thanks not my thing
Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Vote_lcap14%Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Maybe - Not sure yet
Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Vote_lcap21%Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Empty
PostSubject: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 am

IDEA FOR GRAND TURK

After doing my catch up reading, I see most of us seem concerned that
there might not be much to do in Grand Turk. So, being the planner
that I am, I think I might have found something that might appeal to the majority of our still forming group.

How would everyone feel about a one or two-hour tour of the island by Horse and Carriage followed by lunch at a local hotel/restaurant.

Here's the menu (sorry it's in pdf) for The Birdcage Bar and Restaurant
http://www.ospreybeachhotel.com/lunch_menu.pdf

The restaurant is located in the Osprey Beach Hotel
http://www.ospreybeachhotel.com/

And that's where I found the info for the Horse and Carriage tour (hopefully they have more than one horse and carriage):
Take a
Horse & Carriage ride
- Take a breezy one or two hour tour of Grand
Turk on a horse and carriage. Carriages hold 8 adults and make a great
birthday or anniversary present! Advance reservations required -
649-231-7325

What are your thoughts? Take a minute to vote!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:55 am

Sounds great Christina!
Back to top Go down
IliveontheLIE
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
IliveontheLIE

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:58 am

If I decide to book Christmas, this something of interest. Sounds like a nice way to spend the day in a port without a lot to do.
Back to top Go down
Kevin T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kevin T

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:08 pm

This sounds very enjoyable. I'd rather do this than sit around the beach or hang out at Jimmy Buffets all day. Just keep in mind it would have to be an early lunch, we're only in Grand Turk from 8am to 1pm or we could just do the horse and carriage tour. Maybe from 10 to 12? This way it's enough time off the ship and we get some sightseeing done without pushing. Plus it would allow anyone who wanted to souvenir shop time to do so. How's that for Plan B?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 pm

You know my answer is yes to any equine related activity.
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Excellent plan Christina, much better than hanging around Jimmy Buffets!
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Brooke
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiser Brooke

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Sounds like a lovely way to take a tour!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:21 pm

From the picture it looks like the carriage holds about 8 people comfortably and would be a great way to spend a quiet morning. That lunch menu sure does look good too!

Personally, I promised my sister that we would go horse back riding in the ocean at some point and James wants to use Grand Turk as his beach day with the kids so we will probably be doing that. A little R&R away from Nick Razz (Just kidding, you know I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
From the picture it looks like the carriage holds about 8 people comfortably and would be a great way to spend a quiet morning. That lunch menu sure does look good too!

Personally, I promised my sister that we would go horse back riding in the ocean at some point and James wants to use Grand Turk as his beach day with the kids so we will probably be doing that. A little R&R away from Nick Razz (Just kidding, you know I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!)

Nina, how good of a rider do you have to be for the horse ride in the ocean? I can stay on and that's about it but it sure sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

I'll find out for you Marina Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Wow, guess you guys like the idea!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:26 am

Andy The Sailor Man wrote:
Excellent plan Christina, much better than hanging around Jimmy Buffets!

Andy...you are now on my 'naughty' list.... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Just giving this a bump up, we really do need to start discussing shore tours for Christmas
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:26 pm

FWIW, we were at Grand Turk about 18 months ago and the beach is not only *right next to* the ship, it's gorgeous and free!

View from the ship:

Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Img_1210

View from the beach:

Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Img_1211

If you want to do a beach day, it's a terrific place! I think that's what we'll be doing! Nina, our kids can play together! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Andy's a whack job....

All he wants to do is go to Margaritaville, and have liquor poured down his throat in a conga line! Andy...you are so juvenile.....Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll 12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:21 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Andy's a whack job....

All he wants to do is go to Margaritaville, and have liquor poured down his throat in a conga line! Andy...you are so juvenile.....Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll 12

Careful Pete them be fightin' words! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:22 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:

eek WHO? ME??? And I just noticed a GRAVE INJUSTICE!! How is it that Nina only has a "1" reputation, I need to fix this...
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:37 pm

....Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll 15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll   Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunard Christmas 09 Cruisers - Shore Tour Poll
Page 1 of 1