Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote

Go down 
+36
RCCL Fan
Josh
Joe Kelly NJ
Scorpio Gal
Andy The Sailor Man
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Ajani
AlwaysReadyToCruise
DCDuncan
Ronnie
Life from the Porthole
IliveontheLIE
Leisure Suit Larry
Charlie Tuna
MadHattener
4 Leaf Clover
Hopeful Henry
HMS AnyShip
Diamond Dave
Boca Brats
OU812
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Cold Weather Cruiser
Former Cruise Critic
Kenny's CoWorker
Big Red Robyn
Cruising Guy
Archie
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
diaz loves 2 cruise
Joe A
Tommy Bahamas
ShoeBeeDoBeDo
Andrew
Dr Donna
Loyal Caribbean
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Genesis Cruiser - Pre-Cruise Event You'd Like Best
Restaurant - Simple Group Dinner Out
Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 7 ]
Party at one of the Hotels - no music or dj
Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Party at a park or other location - no music or dj
Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Party at one of the Hotels - WITH music or DJ
Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_lcap72%Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 72% [ 38 ]
Party at a park or other location - WITH music or DJ
Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Other- Please suggest
Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 53

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kenny's CoWorker
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Let's be careful of how much we say on here, I have CONFIRMED word there is a spy amongst us. I've alerted ADMIN Tina and hopefully she can block the IP of the person. So if we have a great idea, let's send it to Susan first and then after things are in place, then we can accounce it on the board.

But I do like how you guys are thinking! Can you imagine their faces when we inflate our giant life preserver with Cruise Freek Forums on it?
Back to top Go down
I Cruise Do You Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
I Cruise Do You Cruise

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:06 am

Kenny's CoWorker wrote:
Let's be careful of how much we say on here, I have CONFIRMED word there is a spy amongst us. I've alerted ADMIN Tina and hopefully she can block the IP of the person. So if we have a great idea, let's send it to Susan first and then after things are in place, then we can accounce it on the board.

But I do like how you guys are thinking! Can you imagine their faces when we inflate our giant life preserver with Cruise Freek Forums on it?

What's the matter? Is the big board who bans people on a whim and has different rules for different people afraid of the tiny little cruise message board that is going to blow them out of the water?

Way to go Cruise Freeks! Let's keep up the great work and show them what a real message board is about - allowing people to express their ideas and opinions without fear of being banned or slapped on the wrist if the ADMIN doesn't agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:26 am

I Cruise Do You Cruise wrote:
Kenny's CoWorker wrote:

What's the matter? Is the big board who bans people on a whim and has different rules for different people afraid of the tiny little cruise message board that is going to blow them out of the water?

Way to go Cruise Freeks! Let's keep up the great work and show them what a real message board is about - allowing people to express their ideas and opinions without fear of being banned or slapped on the wrist if the ADMIN doesn't agree.

If we're making them nervous, then we're doing something right but, personally I don't recommend keeping everything quiet, that will just make them more curious!
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:33 am

I agree with Host Jackie, we can still chat about our plans but, if we have something very original to offer as far as ideas for Genesis, then I think we should go through Susan (Host Ivanova) first!
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi everyone! Wow, you guys are really coming up with some great ideas! I got in touch with some DJs in the Fort Lauderdale area and passed the quotes over to Susan. Wink And, I'm still waiting for a few hotels to send quotes which I'll also pass along to Susan.

Now a question - how are we going to handle the hotel party as far as admitting people? Do you think we should have a receptionist with a table and name tags and check everyone off as they enter and, you wouldn't be able to re-enter without your name tag or if you're not on the list if you lose your name tag?
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:10 pm

I wonder if we could ask Tina to get these printed for us http://www.cafepress.com/cruisefreeks.262639605

and move the logo to the side and, then we can have the names written on the tags. Or something along those lines but, you're right about setting up some type of admission both!
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:16 pm

Ok I just PMed Susan (Ivanova) with the idea about an admission booth for the party!
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:24 pm

I think an admission booth is a good idea too. We don't want people crashing who haven't paid anything towards it.

Thanks for all the leg-work you're doing for us Dr Donna. May I ask what the DJs are charging these days?
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Agreed! We need someone, even if we have to hire someone, to allow only those who have paid into the party.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:53 pm

there will be some type of admission check-in ... just don't know exactly what yet ... that's one of the logistics Tina and I will work out later. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:55 pm

I just emailed everyone - Genesis is now officially Oasis of the Seas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Yeah-haw!!! A name was a big hurdle!! No name, meant they couldn't load the itineraries into the booking system. Maybe June 18 will be the official announcement of the day bookings will open!!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Cool We're getting closer!!!
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:57 pm

What a great way to kick off the long weekend! Excellent news! Now we just have to wait around until June 18th to see what the next announcement will be...fingers crossed that it's the opening day of booking and the itinerary!
Back to top Go down
Loyal Caribbean
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Loyal Caribbean

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:14 pm

Excellent news!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:41 pm

I didn't think I was going to sail Oasis (formerly known as Genesis) for the Inaugural but, you guys are putting together such a great party for the pre-cruise and I'm sure you'll have more fun on-board activities, I just might end up joining you!
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Hmmm, can't seem to find the post I'm looking to answer. Anyhow, who ever asked the question, the DJs are in the $700 range for 4 hours - so if we have 100 people attend the party, it's only $7 per person. Can't even go to the movies for that price!
Back to top Go down
OU812
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
OU812

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Do we have a rough estimate of what the party is going to cost per person yet?
Back to top Go down
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:56 pm

We could order these straw hats for the beach party, they're cheap enough:
http://www.shindigz.com/catalog.cfm?pgp=S05706
Back to top Go down
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:38 am

I like those center pieces Always but they're a little high for what they are... We can keep cost down by just getting balloons and such, we don't want to get the pricing out of control
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Agreed, I'd rather put the money to good use towards food and entertainment, decor is very secondary
Back to top Go down
Scorpio Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Scorpio Gal

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:28 pm

I'll be booking with Cruise Freeks, looks like a great party you guys are planning
Back to top Go down
http://grandprincessholidaycruise2008.blogspot.com/
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:41 am

Scorpio Gal, by the time this Inaugural rolls around, we're going to have an excellent pre-cruise party! And, I'm sure we'll have a great time on-board as well. Glad you're joining us!
Back to top Go down
Joe Kelly NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Joe Kelly NJ

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Just waiting to see what dates this is all taking place before jumping into the planning fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote   Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genesis Cruisers - Please Vote
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next