Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions

Go down 
+3
Diamond Dave
Single Dad
Big Red Robyn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Tentatively we have selected going to Little Italy for day 1 for dinner and that will be followed by a night time tour of Manhattan before heading back to the hotel.

What are your thoughts for our pre-theater dinner for day 2? Here is my thought (trying to keep in mind everyone's budget):

Heartland Brewery (I called and they DO take groups):
http://14935.williams.hostinglogin.com/media/heartlandbrewery.html
Back to top Go down
Single Dad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Single Dad

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:45 pm

How about something like Benihana?
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:00 pm

I guess McCormick and Scmick is out of reach price-wise for many but, I'll still throw it into the suggestion ring:

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.display&pageid=96&id=75

Getting more realistic, how about one of my personal favorites - The Bryant Park Grill
http://www.arkrestaurants.com/section_home.cfm?section_id=1&location_id=1&restaurant_id=2
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Dave, you're making GREAT suggestions BUT, keep in mind, we're going to have a lot out of town folks. They aren't used to our prices. That's why I said the Heartland Brewery. If we were going for quality over price, I'd be right there with you! Like the China Grill or Ben Bensons Wink
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:09 pm

I know Wink Just hoping I guess
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:34 pm

Wow, great menu from Heartland. Lots of choices! I really shouldn't look at these menus when I'm hungry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
Kenny's CoWorker
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:38 pm

lol! Me too!!
Back to top Go down
Good Golly Molly
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Good Golly Molly

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:29 pm

I think the restaurants you are lining up are just fine regarding pricing and menus. They are pretty universal as far as appeal and as far as pricing, I'm sure most people are aware that NY is much more expensive than their hometown and will prepare accordingly - at least with the menus and such we can allow and budget for it. Good job!
Back to top Go down
diaz loves 2 cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
diaz loves 2 cruise

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Actually Heartland Brewery isn't bad at all, as long as you go knowing it's basically a burger joint. If you go with higher expectations, then you'll be let down. I think it would be a good pick for a group outting since nearly everyone will be able to afford something on the menu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions   4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th of July Princess Cruisers - Day 2 Restaurant Suggestions
Page 1 of 1